I am shorting EIRCAD on a downward trend, price below cloud, EMA slope is down, RSI has bounced, stop at latest fractal.
Short signal on GBPJPY, EMA trending down, stop at fractal.
My stop was hit on the long EURUSD, then the pair exploded.
My AUDNZD trade from yesterday got stopped out. No confirmation of the trend, we’re basically ranging like on most pairs currently.
Retrace stopped me out,
My trade taken earlier was stopped out.
Just took a long trade on AUDNZD, EMA trending up, price above cloud, good fundamental news driving the pair since end of last week.
Have just taken a long USDCAD. 21 EMA sloping up, good trending pair, low risk with most recent fractal very close nearby.
Well the time has come to look back at 2015 performance and analyze the year.
First of all a huge satisfaction because this is my first winning year, standing at +33%, with five winning months and two losers. I only traded 7 months this year since I had a move that took me out of markets from July to October.
So the first thing I can say is that the system I trade (explained here) is capable of producing good returns. I have stuck to it for the whole year, and as shown in the stats below my risk management is probably the single most important element of the year with a R:R standing at 1.9 (my average gain was close to twice my average loss).
MyFxbook verified statistics
My win / loss ratio stands at 43% which is actually quite good, since when you combine it with strict money management the maths just play out.
I have to say that this blog has helped me tremendously since it has given me discipline. By publishing absolutely all of my trades, I am open and transparent on my performance and therefore if I want things to be consistent I cannot step out of line from the system I trade. So before I go into any further analysis I would say this year’s gain is due to three main things:
- A good system that works
- Discipline in trading the system, no fooling around with other systems
- Strict money management
My drawdown has not exceed 10%, my average risk per trade as never gone much further than 1% per trade, and looking at individual trades in a little more detail 18% of my trades generated 85% of the profit, which is way better than Pareto’s law….
Success in trading always goes by the same rules :
- Keep risk at a minimum. Your most precious asset is your capital, preserve it.
- A few good trades will make the year, make sure you play them out and manage to keep cool in drawdowns
Merry Christmas everyone and see you in 2016, let’s see if we can improve on these results.
Just got a short signal on my 4 hour chart of the EUR/NZD. Price below cloud, Kijun and 21 EMA sloping down. Latest fractal enables f or a tight stop. Go short.
- Coinigy review: the Best Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Trading Platform in 2018January 18, 2018 - 1:05 pm
- Wealthy Affiliate Review: better than Trading?January 8, 2018 - 10:49 pm
- The Top 10 Day Trading Books for 2018January 3, 2018 - 4:12 pm
- 17 Successful Forex Traders you can Emulate in 2018January 2, 2018 - 11:17 pm
- Top 5 reasons to Invest in Ethereum in 2018December 19, 2017 - 12:15 am
- The Top 10 Books on Real Estate Investing in 2018December 11, 2017 - 5:05 pm