My stop was hit on the long EURUSD, then the pair exploded.
XAUUSD retraced yesterday. My gold trade has been stopped out
My AUDNZD trade from yesterday got stopped out. No confirmation of the trend, we’re basically ranging like on most pairs currently.
All trades entered this morning were stopped out during the day, all trends initiated at the end of last week reversed.
Each trade was taken with a very low level of risk, around 0.7 to 0.8% by trade so the loss for today is around 2.1 to 2.4% of my account.
No worries, keep looking for the winners that will make the month, as usual. No revenge trading, no emotions around these losses, they are just what I consider as “my cost of operation”. If I were a startup company these losses would just be the operating costs for Feb.
Took a 73 pip loss on my short EUR/NZD trade.
The pair is prone to quite a lot of whipsaws.
A follow-up on this morning’s setup, I’ve just been stopped out of my EUR/GBP trade. My stop level was at the fractal indicating most recent low. The trade looked good for quite some time (reaching at least R1) but quite a sharp reversal started mid-morning (actually it is voting day in the UK and the latest surveys starting giving conservatives the lead so that boosted the GBP) but I didn’t move, let the trade play. I coul dhave taken the decision to exit at the break of Kijun but wasn’t in front on my screen at that time. Anyway, rule of thumb is to keep losses small, as I mentionned in my strategy section my risk is at 1,5% most of the time so I’m perfectly fine with these lossses.
- Coinigy review: the Best Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Trading Platform in 2018January 18, 2018 - 1:05 pm
- Wealthy Affiliate Review: better than Trading?January 8, 2018 - 10:49 pm
- The Top 10 Day Trading Books for 2018January 3, 2018 - 4:12 pm
- 17 Successful Forex Traders you can Emulate in 2018January 2, 2018 - 11:17 pm
- Top 5 reasons to Invest in Ethereum in 2018December 19, 2017 - 12:15 am
- The Top 10 Books on Real Estate Investing in 2018December 11, 2017 - 5:05 pm